Pages

Monday, September 15, 2008

In the DARK

We have been without electricity for 22 1/2 hours and counting!!

Southeastern IN is seriously like a war zone...power out everywhere, may be 2-3 days before it is back on for everyone. The towns finally have power, but no one in the outlying areas. Trees, debris, buildings, etc are making yesterday and today challenging!

Who knew wind could do all this?!? We had VERY little rain yesterday and it looks like it could rain at anytime today, but I don't think we are supposed to get any.

I came into the salon to shower, finish mom's laundry (which was stuck half way through the cycle in the washing machine), check my email and charge my cell phone! haha I'm headed back home to the darkness here shortly. At least today there is food in town! Last night, mom and I did not have dinner because nothing was open in Osgood, Versailles or Madison. Apparently we should have driven north instead of south, but we are on Decatur County REMC and since we didn't have electricity, we assumed they didn't either!

It's gonna be a rough few days...but I'll keep in touch when I can!

Say prayers for everyone affected by the storms!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get power soon. I know how bad it stinks to be without it for more than a few hours. Just be thankful that it isn't the middle of winter and you aren't needing to run the furance!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com