Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

The Long & The Short of It

A brief (as brief as I can make this) synopsis of the recent happenings in my life...

  • For anyone who has been following the blog, you have seen pictures of my cute new cousin, Callie Lynn. My grandma (her great-grandma) thought she needed to be entered in the cutest baby contest and seeing as how her parents are slightly biased (haha), they have entered her in the Great American Photo Contest. If you feel inclined, please follow the link to VOTE for Callie!
  • Also, I have been working 2 jobs since April. I cannot reveal everything at this time, but I'm working on a big change in the career situation. Suffice it to say that because of many factors, I decided to resign from my Receptionist position at the salon. I truly hated leaving the salon at this particular time, with Sara just having had Callie, but it's something I needed to do for myself. It was a HUGE leap of faith and truly a test in my trust in God, that He will lead me where I should be! As of November 2nd, the golf course will be closed until March 2009. What does this mean? I will be without work/income as of 8pm on Sunday, Nov. 2nd! Yikes!! This is where I rely on God and the opportunities that I see before me. Don't worry, I'll keep you posted!
  • On my 26th birthday I made some goals for myself, some are coming right along and others are in limbo! (ha) My final course needed to graduate with my Bachelor's is in its 8th week. It is an up and down adventure, but I've been diligently studying and doing what is asked of me, even though I am often times overwhelmed with the mathematics! I am also proud to say that I am debt-free (not including my 2 school loans)! Sometimes it is a struggle to not have anything tangible to show for all my hours of work this past summer, but it is also incredibly wonderful to essentially have a clean slate in the current economy! And let's not even begin to discuss my goal of losing weight - - ugh! Hopefully with all the free time I may soon have I'll be able to dash over to my aunt's gym and use my elliptical!
  • I know it's not even Halloween yet, but for those of you who really know me and my OCD/list-making tendencies, you will laugh to know that my Christmas shopping is nearly finished! *smiling* I must admit that it gets easier each year, although slightly pricier! (haha) Mom wanted a cordless chainsaw and an extra chain from a local store that was having a catalog sale. I went with her and purchased it...it's amazingly still in the box, but I'm sure it'll get used before Christmas! Jenna was also pretty easy to please this year - we both love sports, especially football - so I got her a ticket to the Colts vs. Bengals game at the new Lucas Oil Stadium. Be sure to watch the game because our seats are in the endzone, 16 rows up from the field!! We'll hopefully be panned over lots as we cheer our Colts on to a victory! I still have to figure out a gift for Dad and Grandma. They are seriously the world's most difficult people to buy for...

Well, that is all for now! Life can be so boring sometimes although my brain is buzzing with things that are going on... :p

1 comment:

  1. Of all people I know, it shouldn't surprise me that you are almost finished Christmas shopping...yet, it does! Like you said, it's not even Halloween!!! Best of luck in the career shift, and finishing your degree. I know you will succeed when you put God in charge.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com