Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Internet Explorer has SECURITY Issues

Okay...I am not too techno-savvy, although I know more than most...so to spare myself trying to explain it all, I'm just going to copy and paste from a friend's blog. Please take this seriously. I LOVE Internet Explorer 7 (IE), but earlier this year my mom had her debit card info hacked and it took quite a while to get it all straightened out with the bank, so please be careful about what personal info (including passwords) you are typing into IE while they do not have the proper security measures in place! Who creates a new program without making it safe for us novices to use?!? On a side note, I have recently switched over to FireFox and I really do like it! It took me a few hours to get the hang of it, but after installing a few add-ons, it is just as easy to navigate as IE...plus, now I feel like I am protecting myself with a secure network (at least more secure than it was!).

----
Here is a story from cnn.com from yesterday:

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200812161042DOWJONESDJONLINE000471_FORTUNE5.htm

It is MUCH safer to use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer due to these and many other security issues. I just don't want anyone having important passwords stolen.

Please switch if you can. It is fairly easy to install and you can still keep Internet Explorer on your machine, just try to avoid using it. When you install Firefox, you will have the option of porting over all your bookmarks from Internet Explorer. Don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions. (this is super easy to do, it prompts you through it all!)

Here is the link to download Firefox:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com