Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

It's been how many years?!?

In June 2000, I was a kid fresh out of high school. I knew what I WANTED in life, but didn't know if I'd get it. My biggest wish at the time was to be elected as an Indiana FFA State Officer. It wasn't long until that dream came true...and with it came more experiences than I would have ever imagined!

A year in the life of a State Officer...more miles than any one vehicle should drive, lots of late nights spent laughing and teasing each other, countless young students looking up to you as a role model, meetings with some of the most important people in agribusiness, friendships that have lasted the test of time, the stress of creating and putting on leadership camps, loving to give speeches and public addresses, and so much more...one of the most important reminders of my year of service is the lasting bond with my teammates. That year I gained 4 sisters and 2 brothers. Kim, Karissa, Rajean, Liza, Kyle, and Justin have seen me grow up and in turn, I have witnessed the changes in their lives. I am so lucky to have them as friends!

Sunday we had a State Officer Team Reunion...it was wonderful! 5 of us and our families manged to make the trek back to the Indiana FFA Center (the place we called home for a year). It is hard to believe that 8 years ago we were preparing for our own State FFA Convention!?! It was such a fun and exciting time; yet bittersweet knowing that the end was looming near. Now 3 of the 7 of us are married...4 have kids...we're all happy and healthy...

Okay, enough with my yammering...here are some pictures!! :)

I love and miss you all! Thank you for making the effort to spend the day together! Next stop...10 Year Anniversary!

Rajean, Karissa, Kyle, me, Kim

Doug & Rajean Bergman, Pete & Karissa Moar, me, Kyle Kohlhagen & Jill DeVries, Kim & Jason Stockment

the group with their significant others...Lish said she'd be mine since I was the only single one! haha (Lish is Karissa's sister)

the team and our parents!

everyone in attendance! :)

Colton (Kim's son) and I were becoming buddies...Dallas & Rajean look on...little Gabriella (Karissa's daughter) was asleep during the pictures

1 comment:

  1. wow thats kinda crazy when you think of that. Hope all is well..

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com