Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Early Mother's Day

This year mom gets to celebrate Mother's Day for a little longer than normal! For the past several months she's been commenting about how lonely our Great Pyrenees, Ice, has been acting. Last year my wonderful GP, Shelby, was hit and killed on the road. We have all been missing her, but especially her pal Ice.

For Mother's Day, Jen and I decided to find mom a puppy. I have to tell you it was really luck that I found the breeder I did, she is WONDERFUL. Oh...and they are a Purdue family! Woohoo! :) It doesn't get any better than that!! ha

This morning I snuck over to Columbus area while mom was at work and sent Jen pics to pick out the little girl we were getting for mom. Mom was quite shocked when she got home and found a puppy waiting for her! She named her Kya (ky-ah). Kya is the sweetest, most butterball, calm dog. She has taken to her new home and is settled out in the barn. Ice has taken to her as well, being her protector from the ewes...for now. ha ;)

We're all pretty excited about Kya! Puppies sure are great! :) Even Toby didn't mind her too much while she was in the house for lunch. ha

Enjoy the pics...I'm sure there will be more to come in the next few months!



1 comment:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com