Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Wild Wednesday

Wednesday was a busy day in the Menchhofer household! Mom took a vacation day from work and we bustled from one activity to the next! haha

The started with a trip to Madison for Toby's yearly check-up appointment. My little pup is now a WHOPPING 3 1/2 pounds! hahaha He gained 1/4 pound since he was last weighed in the fall. Doc McDill said everything seemed to be good. She suggested ear drops for some waxy buildup - we got some, and just gave it a whirl today. Toby is not a fan. :p He has also switched over to Sentinel for heartworm and flea/tick prevention rather than the tabs he was taking for just heartworm. Toby also got his distemper shot, but because he's so little, we have to go back in a few weeks for the rabies shot. For such a little dog, he sure is expensive! Oy! Oh, almost forgot...he still has his baby canines and they are S-O-L-I-D! So we're supposed to watch for tartar buildup, but this also explains his pension for chewing all the time!! His poor toys get so much abuse! haha He's enjoying the perks right now of getting his DentalStix (greenies) to chew on more often. So far so good.



We then dropped Toby off at home and jumped back in the Mountie to head for Indy! I had to meet my friend, Charlotte (who survived the crappy BMG job with me), at our old work to drop off my Dell desktop that her family purchased. It was soooooo nice to see Char! :) From there, we made a pitstop at Babies R Us in Castleton so I could pick up a baby shower gift for my friend, Summer (who's baby shower I'm missing today because of work). After BRU, we ran up o Carmel and did a quick dash into Petco for our 4-legged children. Mom needed food for her dog, Midge. I needed food, squeaker toys, and DentalStix for Toby. I love that Petco! It always has everything I need! :) (and it gives me a reason to go to Indy to see Jen!) After Petco, we had just enough time to get over to meet Jenna at her work.



When Jen got off work, we followed her to the other side of town to Roberts Camera. I wanted her expertise picking out my new digital SLR. I've been wanting to upgrade for awhile (since Jen bought hers), but didn't have a good reason until now! I wanted to be well versed in using it when I go to Australia later this year, so figured I'd better go ahead and get it while it was on sale! (it's also partly Mom's xmas gift to me) It is quite nice! :) (which Jen hates...haha) I bought a Canon Rebel XSi. I've been playing around with it and can't wait for all our trips coming up this fall to REALLY use it!!!



Jen, mom, and I then headed back to Castleton for dinner...yum, Applebee's! We all so rarely get to see each other anymore, so it was really nice. Finally mom and I headed back to good ol' Osgood. It was a long day of driving, but fun nonetheless! I even got THE cutest card ever from my lil buddy, Ethan! See the picture below for its full adorable-ness!!


And here's a few I took while playing with my new camera...12 megapixels definitely makes a difference! As does the image stabilizer lenses!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com