Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Freedom...my way

Some of you know I've been experiencing some "blues" recently. If you didn't, you surely noticed my pension for griping and being cranky!?! Suffice it to say that it's just been a really hectic summer. I cut back on my hours at the golf course and still somehow manage to put in nearly (or more) 50 hours a week. Then add in working at the office for Matt a few hours a week (Jesse's office work is included in my golf course hours), doing some design work for a few Mary Kay Sales Directors each month (I've gotten back into designing newsletters, etc.), and then coming home just in time to play with Toby for a few minutes before bedtime. I can't believe it's July 5th already! 2009 is flying by and has left me mostly wondering...huh? how? why? where? when?

Tonight I came home from work and the sun was still in the sky...that NEVER happens! It was a beautiful night considering it rained all day yesterday. It was so nice and I decided I was going to take a walk. Grandma and I used to do that all the time when I was growing up...never realized how much I missed it until tonight! So, I walked up past our old house and back...twice. That is a little over 1 mile. There were only a few cars out and about, so it was a pretty peaceful walk. Gave me lots of time to think. Actually most people I know will say that I think too much as it is, and that's probably true, but tonight was different. Yesterday and today a situation that has been bugging me finally blew over....it's a long story and one I'd love to share (do you know how frustrating it is to need a girl's day with some friends just to talk stuff over and share a few laughs/hugs and not be able to find ANY ONE to go???? yep, no one would do anything with me this week and I offered to pay for everything on our day out!) but I'm not gonna spill all that on here, so if you wanna know more, email me or text me and I'll share the scoop. Essentially, I ended up quite disappointed with the results...and hurt. Felt like a slap in the face. But it was kinda like the straw that broke the camel's back. It's not the right reason for recommitting myself to my New Year's goals, but it's definitely given me the motivation to get started! I'm already looking forward to walking again in the morning and in the evening tomorrow! :) And after my walk...I decided, I really am doing it for myself. So this 4th of July was a freedom day alright, just in a different way.

Mary Kay National Sales Director Linda Toupin (a big encourager of mine) is famous for saying, "You are where you are by the choices you have made or allowed others to make for you." She is a smart lady. I have allowed others to make my choices for me too many times in life. Time to take the bull by the horns! :p

Here's to a new day...a renewed sense of purpose...and hopefully many more memories and happy moments!

the view down the road towards home on the last leg of my walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com