Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

C25K


C25K
= Couch to 5K Running Plan

Now before you start to laugh (really, it's okay, I've been laughing the past few days)...let me just say that I have a number of reasons for giving this a try.

Reason #1 - I have been overweight for some time and am really, truly, honestly committed to losing weight this time! (We all know I've been on this kick before, but here we go again!)

Reason #2 - Some of my Mary Kay friends have decided that we're going to attempt weight loss together, in somewhat of a Weight Watchers fashion (I'm taking my digital scale each week and at the end of our MK meeting, we're going to weigh in). I think this will be really good for me because if I know people will see in NUMBERS whether or not I've lost weight...I'm gonna try that much harder! ha

Reason #3 - I love to exercise. I really do. I know it doesn't look like it, but seriously I enjoy it. My work schedule makes it difficult to have a work-out partner, so I find myself slacking off with the routine after a few weeks.

Reason #4 - Our National Sales Director Linda Toupin has been talking about the C25K program for awhile now (it's what she's been doing) and I feel like it's a pretty standard program that even a novice runner like myself can follow. I installed the app on my iTouch today and was going to go ahead and do it (and half way through it the battery died!). I do like how the app is set up to work and think that I'm going to die doing it, but if I lose any weight at all because of it, I'll be a happy camper! :)

So here we go....tomorrow I will be starting Week 1 Day 1 of the Couch to 5K program. No, I don't intend to run a 5K and be a superstar like Angie; however, I would like to at least not die at the end of the 9 weeks.

Stay tuned for more updates....er, that is if I don't keel over tomorrow! haha :p

4 comments:

  1. Good luck Erin!! I'm going to look up that app right now! I've never heard of it!

    And yes, Angie is a superstar! I'm so jealous of her running abilities!

    I wish I could participate in the activity but I don't know how that would work with me not using the same scale as you all.

    Have a great night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go E! I'm very proud of you. I hope the program goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it!!!

    And I am BY FAR not a superstar. I do slow down to walking once in a while. And I'm not fast. I just jog, really.

    Good luck! I can't wait to hear about your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!

    Kayla, you should still do it! Everyone is using my scales...it's just a digital scale from Wal-Mart, but I'm sure whatever you have would be fine! :)

    Rajean, thank you for your support! :)

    Angie, you definitely are a superstar! ha You just didn't know it!! ;) And I know my running will definitely be slow jogging, but I'll give it my best effort.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com