Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Jesus & Running

Have you ever had a "come to Jesus" moment? I did. Now don't laugh, but it was definitely tonight while I was completing Week 2 - Day 2 of the C25K program!

I have been running in the house (not on a treadmill because we don't have one), just around the house (thank goodness we have a fairly open floor plan, although I have worn a path I think!). Tonight was the first night it hasn't been raining, so I decided to run outside...on the road. For anyone who doesn't know, it is a completely different experience! ha My legs and feet were killing me and I was definitely praying to God as I was running....please help me finish this, please don't let me have a heart attack, please help me keep moving. Nice, huh? Well, somehow I FINISHED the run/walk series tonight. No worse for the wear. :) I'm actually quite proud of myself for being able to run the entire time you're supposed to (90 seconds running mixed with 2 mins walking for a total of a 20 minute cycle). I did not stop moving once! For me that is a big accomplishment as I am not a runner and I am WAY heavier than my C25K buddy, Kayla!

At the end, I was feeling a bit like this....

hahahahaha :p

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!!!!!! You're doing GREAT!!
    Yes running outside is way different than a treadmill.... or around your house :) LOL
    Plus if it's windy (like it was when I was out last night) you have to factor in the resistance, which will make it harder to get where you're going. But I love it way better than a treadmill. The scenery is much more entertaining than the wall at the gym!
    Keep it up! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember seeing this post when you originally wrote it, but that picture of Forrest Gump had me CRACKING UP tonight!! I love that movie! I'll never be a Gump Runner! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com