Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

From Good to Bad to Worst

The day started off with so much promise.....

The weather has been absolutely perfect. Sun is shining. Cooler temps with a nice breeze.

Then I see status updates from 2 of my cousins and my heart sinks as I already know what I'll hear when I pick up the phone...but I dial mom at work. She tells me the news I feared. My great-uncle, Cletus, passed away this morning. That takes me to sad face #1. Mom tells me to text Jenna and let her know. I know Jen is out enjoying a leisurely breakfast this morning due to later work time and her apartment being renovated. She of course calls and that's when the reality hits me a little more and I have a good cry. Ugh.

I was really hoping to hear from the interview lady at a job I had applied for....I interviewed Sunday night (yes, that's how badly she wanted to meet me!). Went to the hospital and did a pee test on Monday night after work for their pre-employment drug screening. Not 20 minutes after I had tweeted about waiting to hear from her with great anticipation....I got the ding email. It was so impersonal. Sad face #2. Another call to mom. More tears.

This day really sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com