Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 118 & Warmer Wednesday

Okay, be warned...this is gonna be a hodge podge post, but it has been a fuh-reakin' CRAZY day! Seriously. Oi. Where to start?

First of all, each Wednesday Scentsy posts a "Warmer of the Day" on Facebook. I am going to start sharing that here every Wednesday. Today is was the Over the Moon warmer, which is a midsize. It's super cute! There are 3 in this series that would be completely adorable in any baby/toddler's room. You can check out prices and more pictures on my website at www.savorthescent.com.


Then at work, I had to fill the pop machine (my LEAST favorite job of all). When I was filling the machine, one of the Mt. Dew cans decided to spew, not just trickle out of the can or one spray but explode, all over the place. It ended up all over the inside of the pop machine, all over me, all over the floor, and all over the fridge which is across from it. Ugh. I had a wet shirt and pants for almost 3 hours. I was not happy. NOT HAPPY. I don't even drink pop out of the machine, or rarely ever, so I was cussin' a blue streak! Then at lunch, I dropped some of the marinara from my meal on my shirt. Really? I mean...REALLY?!? I was so ready for the day to be over! Argh.



The first thing I did when I got home was go check the trap our cousin Tom placed at the corner of the house. We have some sort of critter attempting to burrow under the house (in the corner where mom's bedroom is) and mom thinks it is a badger. We haven't fully seen it, so hoping that it decides to walk into the trap! haha This is an ongoing process for the past few weeks. Good times I tell ya! ha


Tonight I get home from work, change my clothes so I can workout like I normally do...when Toby, my sweet little 3.5 pound teacup yorkie, decided to start throwing up. The second time this week. Only this time, he started falling over afterwards, his legs seized up and he couldn't walk. Then he started violently shaking and tremoring. So we call my vet, who is not answering the phone and doesn't have an emergency number on the phone message. We then call a good family friend who is a vet, and has seen Toby once before, and they tell me to come over and they'll fit me in! Toby and I load up and practically fly to Doc Kraushar's clinic. We get there and he is acting just fine. Of course!?! After a thorough checkup and some bloodwork that they processed at the clinic, we are assuming that Toby had a slight seizure. All his actions point to epilepsy. *sigh* I'm really hoping it was a fluke. Doc thinks that we should watch Toby for the next month and as long as he doesn't have any other "episodes" that there is no need for any further action, i.e. meds. He said for some dogs between the ages of 3-6, they can experience 1 seizure a year. Frightening, but livable. Time will tell what happens...

sorry, stupid picture won't flip in the upload, but it's saved the correct way on my computer!


So that was my day in a nutshell. How ya like them apples? hahaha I'm delirious. It's been a long day. I didn't get my evening workout in, so I'm even more irritable. Yowzers.

1 comment:

  1. Ummmm, you call it pop? I'm not sure we can be friends anymore. ;o)

    So sorry about the seizures. My golden retriever used to get about one a month - it never got any easier to watch her suffer from them. :o(

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com