Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Days 148-149-150 Playing Catch Up!

Lots to catch up on from the weekend!

For starters...I weighed in on Thursday night since I wasn't going to be home and able to use my scales on Friday morning. I was happy to see that I had lost 1.4 pounds! :) My next "deadline" goal is to have lost a total of 75 pounds by the end of the year. So, I have 23.4 pounds yet to lose in the next 4 months. Gotta keep buckling down!

This weekend, mom traveled with me to Kansas City, Missouri for a Scentsy training day with my upline. It was a blast!! Lots of driving, but very worth it.

On Friday morning, we left Indy at 7am and cruised on 70 West until we hit Blue Springs, Missouri (the actual location of our hotel)! It took us about 8.5 hours with a few stops along the way. We checked into the hotel and enjoyed some time relaxing in the whirlpool and swimming in the pool! After we got cleaned up, we decided to make the drive to Topeka, Kansas (we'd never been to KS before) and have dinner at a brewery we found on the internet. haha It was worth the drive! Saturday, I spent a majority of the day with my Scentsy sisters (& brothers) being trained by some of the top Scentsy consultants/directors in the country. It was awesome! I love this business! That evening, we drove into Kansas City and had dinner at an unbelievably good restaurant. One of the front desk girls suggested Jack Stack as her absolute favorite BBQ in the area, so we went there and it did not disappoint!! The food melted in your mouth...and the desserts were to die for! YUM! I also enjoyed some more craft beer. ;) When we got back to the hotel and our bellies were rested, we relaxed in the whirlpool. This morning we got up early and made our way back home. It took us about 9.5 hours, with stops, to make it all the way back to southeastern IN. Not too shabby. We are definitely ready for the next trip, but so thankful to be home to our own beds...and not be riding in my car!! haha

Here are some pictures to recap the weekend...sorry they aren't in order, I have some from my cell phone & some from my camera. ha

Mom fell asleep while traveling thru Illinois on way to MO

 Blind Tiger in Topeka, KS

THE BEST BBQ in KC! No joke, they deserve the award

Jack Stack in KC...so glad the hotel recommended it!

Foot-Hi pie at Blue Springs Cafe in Highland, IL (as seen on Food Network)


with our "team" - Donna (green) is our Director, me & Kiera in back, Connie in front next to Donna

laughed at this truck!! ha

arch in St. Louis

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com