Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy End of October!

Happy End of October! There, I said it. ha I am not much on Halloween. If you know me at all, you know that I HATE DESPISE ABHOR being scared. I know, I know...the holiday isn't all about being scared, but to be honest, I never liked the holiday. I'm not much for going to people's homes (that my parents knew, but I never knew as a kid) and saying the same thing over and over. What's worse is that at least 1 home purposely tried to scare their trick-or-treaters! GRRRR. Remember how I just said I hated to be scared? Ugh! That was the worst house ever. Nicest people ever, but I hated them on Halloween. One of my last years trick-or-treating, I was probably about 10-12 years old and I remember crying in the van because mom was forcing me to go there and I knew that although I couldn't see the threat lurking, I knew it was there. Sure enough, it was...Mr. H was lying in a coffin covered in bags of homemade caramel corn (yeah, how many of you would let your kids eat a homemade treat these days??) and Mrs. H made you reach in to grab the bag. As you did, Mr. H would reach his hand out and grab yours. SCARED. THE. LIFE. RIGHT. OUTTA. ME.


Anyway, it's been ages since I've blogged. I feel like a bad bad blogger! I always think..."oh I can't wait to blog that" or "that would be a cute pic on my next blog" and then...then nothing happens. ha I know we've all been at this point from time to time, but I can't seem to get caught up!


Last week as you all know, mom was in the hospital. I am happy to say that on Friday afternoon I got to bring her home. She was of course thrilled to be released from the jail hospital. haha She promised her doctor that she would quit smoking if he let her out before the weekend. And people wonder why I'm so stubborn and determined?? ha He luckily agreed! Great news is that she hasn't smoked since October 17th! Woohoo! She says she's not even been tempted and I hope it stays that way. I love it! The thing I did not love was helping her clean her bedroom (getting the dust mites out of there by vacuuming the mattress and washing the curtains) AND repainting the living room after a massive cleaning spree in there as well. Hopefully it helps her breathe better. She is on oxygen at home, but doesn't have to carry a portable when she's out. Her oxygen stats are finally better, so we're hoping she stays on the mend and will get to come off the oxygen within a few months! On a side note, Eric is also quitting smoking. He made a pact with mom and it seems where her sickness seemed to help her get over any craving/not notice withdrawals...he is not so lucky. The nicotine gum seems to be helping, but he was smoking little cigars (which are much stronger than a cigarette). Let's hope we make it through the quitting phase and move on to happier and healthier times!

 The walls were badly stained from all the nicotine in the air (only room mom smoked in)

everything tarped over so we could paint!


I have been busy busy with events for my home business. I had Scentsy & Grace Adele last weekend. This weekend I have both of those again, plus Velata. Whew! I am worn out just thinking about it. However, did you know that Christmas is only 55 days away! Yep, you read that right...and while most years I am done shopping by this point, I am sad to say that I haven't even started! EEK! Just one more thing for me to panic about and add to the 3 mile long To Do list. :p



And now for some of the random moments of the last 2 weeks...

Toby was missing snuggle time with mamaw when she was in the hospital, so he snuggled with Eric instead

Grace Adele booth

 
Toby snuggling with mom a few days after she got home from hospital

ahhhh...love shellac manicures!

poor sleepy lil baby! think he's got enough blankets?

 Eric taught mom to play chess

And last but not least...

I am part of a group giveaway over on Chelsea's blog! Go check it out and get entered! ;) I'm giving away a Baby Roarbert Scentsy buddy with a scent pak.







As always, you can find me:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com