Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Things Don't Always Go As Planned

Ya wanna know a secret about me? Sure! Okay, well here it is.... I AM A PLANNER. Not surprised? Already knew that? haha Yeah, probably any and every person that's ever read my blog for any substantial period of time knows that. The other thing you probably know is that I don't like for my plans to not be followed. SHOCKER. ha

Lately, I've been having a heavy dose of plans going awry. I do not like it. I do not like it one bit.


Some of the things I've experienced (and this is not to throw a pity party, just a way for me to document the down moments so when it all works out, I will rejoice that much more):

- Our Honeymoon. Last year I earned this amazing Scentsy trip to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic for 2. It was INCREDIBLE. This year, we had our choice of 6 destinations, with our choice being Oahu, Hawaii. I worked and worked (with the help many times of my lovely fiance) to earn the trip, but due to a different set of guidelines this year, I only managed to earn the trip for 1 and not for 2. *sad face* Normally, this would not be a problem, as the company is wonderful and allows you to "buy in" a guest for the price of your trip. The bad news is that this year...we are both getting back less than half in our tax refunds than we have previously. What does this mean? No trip for us. I will cash in my trip points for 1 of the 2 other much less exciting options and we will stare blankly ahead while we try to figure out somewhere fun to go on our honeymoon, but for very (and I do mean VERY little cash) little cost.

- The Wedding. Over the weekend, we got word that some of our plans may have to be changed. It's really neither here nor there about why we have to change them...it just sucks that they will most likely have to be changed. I won't lie. I cried a good portion of yesterday and Eric tried to cheer me up through it all. It's so hard to change your "vision" when that is all you can imagine. I'm sure it will be fine and still be nice...AND...I may even grow to love it more, but for now I am not all that pleased.

Game face on. We will sort it all out. I have a hard time with patience and unfortunately, we have 75 days until the wedding....and our invites are on the way to me as I type this, so time isn't a luxury that we have. And the funds to reprint stuff isn't budgeted either.

Someone say a prayer for me. PLEASE!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, no...sorry that the plans aren't working out like you imagined. I will add an extra prayer for you tonight. Love you much, and remember...the wedding is just a "day" in the start of your marriage. Focus on the important part of plan. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com