Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Train is Back on the Tracks

Ever heard the saying that if you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans? ha I often times feel like God gets those deep belly chuckles because of me. I am such a planner and I can't seem to help myself.


As my last post stated, there was a whole bunch of chaos going on surrounding our wedding/honeymoon plans. I am happy relieved to report that things have straightened themselves out since then. Thank goodness!

For starters - we booked our honeymoon. We managed to snag a deal on a trip to Playa del Carmen, Mexico for double the length of the originally intended trip, plus it's all inclusive which the other trip was not. And did I mention we got it for less than the buy-in of Eric's ticket for the other trip?!? It's not Hawaii, but my cousins have been to this resort and loved it, so I'm sure we will too! Eric has never been out of the country (or been on a plane for that matter!), so this will be quite the adventure for him. We have his passport papers ready to submit tomorrow.




Secondly, we think we have all the details sorted out for the wedding. We had to change our reception venue, which meant new invites, but we just got the shipping notice on those today, so all is well for now. Over the weekend, Mom, Jordan and I went to measure my uncle's barn (it's massive...and dirt floored...yep, we're going VERY rustic) to get placement ideas. I think we've got it all worked out. New food plans are in place. Flowers have been purchased. A few decorations were finished.

All in all, I know we'll be excited to see the big day come...and go. haha ;) Eric asked me the other day what I'm going to spend all my time talking about after the wedding and I told him I'm going right back to Scentsy! ha He was not so impressed. :p


1 comment:

  1. Things definitely work out the way they are supposed to for a reason, girl! Try not to let it get you down!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com