Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

30 Miles: Week 3 Update



Here's how my mileage has gone so far....

Week 1 - 0, zilch, nada

Week 2 - 12.5 miles

Week 3:
Thursday - walked 2.1 miles outside
Friday - walked 2.1 miles outside
Saturday - walked 1.3 miles on the treadmill
Sunday - walked 2 miles on the treadmill
Monday - walked .6 miles on the treadmill
Tuesday - walked .9 miles on the treadmill (also did a Slim in 6 - Start It Up dvd workout)
Wednesday - walked 1 mile on the treadmill (also did a Slim in 6 - Start It Up dvd workout)

Total this week = 10 miles

Total so far = 22.5 miles
only 7.5 more miles to go and I've got 11 more days, including today...easy peasy! woohoo!




 





I am still loving my HRM watch. I feel soooo much better from all the walking and movement. I forgot how great I felt about 1-1.5 years ago when I was in the prime of my exercising/eating healthy. Feels so good to be back in the groove. Nikki's challenge has been so motivating for me. Now I just need to find another challenge in order to help stay motivated. ;) I have started adding in some of my old favorites, the Beach Body Slim in 6 workout dvd. I forgot how difficult these are at first, despite all the walking, and it really makes you feel out of shape! I think I can safely say that I need some new workout shoes. I have a special pair of Puma running shoes I wear on the treadmill, but for the aerobic workout with the dvds, my knees and feet were killing me when I wore my regular tennis shoes. Guess the dvd may have been the knee pain culprit last year and earlier this year. Ugh. Creaky joints right after the dvd, but thankfully not too sore the next day.

In other news, I will be weighing in tomorrow morning to see where I'm at in my weight loss. We are down to 44 days until the wedding and I DEFINITELY need to lose some more pounds (and inches) before I squeeze myself into my wedding dress! Ahhhh. I can do this. I will do this. It's not easy eating right and exercising and not giving in to temptation, but if I want to feel great in my dress on our special day, it's what I need to do.

Here's to another great week of workouts and eating right...and wishing the same for you, friends!

3 comments:

  1. I think I have a slim in 6 DVD somewhere that I need to try and dig up. I remember it being a great workout! Keep it up girl! I'm going to be lucky to land right at 30 miles by the end of month, but at least we will finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing awesome, lady! Good luck with the weight loss before the wedding. I know you'll look gorgeous either way though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job! Your killing it!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com