Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Our Secret Revealed

We had a secret...and no one even knew it! haha

During the summer, we have the girls every other week. They are little fish...and honestly, I love the water just as much. We're not really settled in our own space yet, so we wanted something that would be easily moved.

After some online searching, we found the perfect thing for us...an 18' x 10' x 42" easy set pool! It arrived on Thursday. Eric started setting it up Friday morning while I was at work, and when I got home, we finished the set-up...complete with approximately 3,000 gallons of water from a delivery service!




Of course, we were dying to try it out all weekend, but it was too darn cold! The sun wouldn't cooperate and the water barely hit 70-71 degrees each day. Monday afternoon it finally hit 75 degrees and we were making plans to get in the pool when I had my big crash and burn in the yard. And now no swimming for me until mid-July since I luckily don't have surgery plans, but get to wear this stylish boot for 6 weeks, 4 of which without putting any weight on it! Argh. :(


We hadn't told the girls about it...so we planned to surprise them. When we pulled in the driveway tonight after school, all we heard where squeals of delight! They are so ecstatic. They ran up to their bedroom and got changed into their new bathing suits, grabbed their new goggles and out to the pool they went.

Eric is out enjoying it with them (although it's a very chilly 75 degree temp in the water) and I am icing my broken leg, yet again. *sigh*


1 comment:

  1. You guys are the coolest, seriously! Those girls are going to have a blast this summer. I'm so sorry you won't be able to enjoy it until July. :o( Maybe just stick the other leg in? ;o)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com