Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Dear Facebook



Friday, September 27: An anonymous letter to your Facebook friends. Be as snarky as you'd like. (but don't include people's real names.) 

Dear Facebook users - 

I do love Facebook. I was one of the first users back in the day. Yes, I realize that makes me seem OLD. Fact is, my first Facebook account was created back in the early college years when a friend at a "test school" for FB sent several of us Boilermakers an invite. We joined, had absolutely no clue what the purpose was (I mean...Myspace anyone? ha) and promptly lost our passwords to gain access so later on created new accounts. 

Facebook has changed...practically weekly sometimes. While it is great for some things, such as reconnecting with old friends, networking with colleagues, or just having your own little space on the interwebs, it is also NOT so great for other things. Those not so great things would be: sharing EVERY single step you've made through the day and repeating it EVERY day, posting 10 million fishy face selfies, posting pictures of you kissing on "the love of your life" who happens to change every couple of months, commenting on how horrible your life is because you had to work today (while others who would be 10x more grateful can't find a job), or sending me links for the latest health craze (I'm sorry but pills and shakes don't work long term...you have to learn how to eat healthy and then vitamin supplements are great) because I'm obviously the fat girl that needs to lose weight!

I'm sorry if you see my personal business posts and get annoyed. I have MANY customers as friends and lots of them order repeatedly because of my FB posts. I do try to keep a good mix between life happenings, pictures and business posts so you will stay my friend. ha ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com