Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Pinterest: Recipe Success

I love trying new recipes, especially when needing some new healthy recipe ideas, or just for something to break the monotony of our "go to" meals. After 2 weeks of eating poached eggs and fruit for breakfast, I needed a change. I love eggs as much as the next person, but can't do it for a few days.

I found this recipe and figured I had nothing to lose. I had everything on hand already, so if no one in the house liked it, I figured the dogs would eat it. haha I was only hesitant because I really don't like oatmeal...unless it's oatmeal raisin cookies. ;)




Just made this recipe to have for breakfast this week, along with a banana and I think it's a winner! I had to taste test (duh!) and I really liked it. It's a different texture than I thought it would be, more like a cake than a gritty cookie. I did make a few adjustments with the recipe - I used skim milk and Jif peanut butter instead of what the recipe requested. We're a Jif house! I figured the recipe with MFP and the specific ingredients I used and it came up to 165 calories per serving, with the pan being split into 12 bars. I think it's a good size piece to help fill me up at breakfast. No point in having an itty bitty slice that leaves you craving more!

1 comment:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com