Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 204

Friday ended up being a really nice day - there wasn't a drop of rain and the sun was shining! It was a little chilly, but perfect fall weather. :)

I got up extra early and did the Slim in 6 ab workout before getting ready for work. (that was killer after not doing it for about a month...sad, since it's only an 11 minute workout!) I worked my usual 4 hours, then ran some errands.

Funny story of the day: When I stopped to pick up my paycheck from my second "job" (payroll for the excavating company), I was backing up from the building and had to do a double-take...wouldn't ya know, there was a horse out! So like any good farm kid, I pulled over to the other side of the barn and tried to coax the horse away from the road and towards the back gate. I called my boss, Matt, and told him there was a horse out. I can't repeat his comments! ;) hahahaha I was relieved of my horse watching duties and he dispatched his dad to take care of the nuisance that has done it every day this week. Guess it's true what they say - the grass IS greener on the other side of the fence!

I was thrilled when I got the mail in....our Purdue Men's Basketball season tickets arrived!!!!! We are sooo ready for basketball season!



For those of you who know me very well, you know that I hate abhor shopping. It has always been a nightmare finding clothes that fit and are at least somewhat stylish. I've dropped 50 pounds this year, but really only gone down 1 pant size. That's kind of depressing! I've lost weight in my face, neck, chest, stomach, hips, thighs, etc...just not enough in any one place to truly be a size smaller. I've avoided clothes shopping because a) I've always hated it and b) clothes are too expensive to buy new ones each time I drop a size. I was really planning to wait until I'd gone down another size, but with the cooler temps we've had, I really needed at least 1 new winter shirt. I am excited that I am finally able to shop at Kohl's! I bought a Columbia fleece jacket (1 size smaller than I've been wearing) and a new sweater...saved $30 from regular price! If I'd bought the sweater at Lane Bryant (like I've ALWAYS had to do in the past), it would have cost me the amount I spent on both the jacket AND the sweater. I think I may be in the beginning stages of enjoying to shop. Be forewarned - I will probably be looking for shopping buddies once I get to my goal weight! ha

found some new running shoes at DSW for 40% OFF!

had to laugh at the PiggyWiggy kitchen utensils at Hobby Lobby


I finished the day with a meal at one of our family's favorite "splurge" restaurants, Scotty's Brewhouse. Yum. Yum. The peanut butter pie is TO DIE FOR. I'm not kidding. I'd give up my firstborn for a piece of that pie. And I had to save points all week to be able to enjoy this meal! Every bite of the meal was bliss. :)

I spent the night at Jen's apartment and got to meet her roomie, Heather. She's really sweet (and funny) and she has one of the best behaved dogs I've ever met. I wish Toby were as well behaved as Jersey. *sigh*

Jersey, the 100# lab, was snoring as she slept ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com