Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 214

Y'all know I'm not much of a Halloweenie. ha We didn't even buy a pumpkin this year. No candy - cause that would just be cruel with me counting points.

We live in the country...like no one, and I do mean NO ONE ever stops. I always hated dressing up and knocking on people's doors that my parents knew but that I didn't really know to get candy. Ugh! I always wanted to live in town where I could stay at home and pass out candy. That has never happened and as much as I love the city life, it will probably never happen. haha My grandma used to only buy enough treats to put together about 5-7 goodie bags - 2 for my cousins Mandy and Julie Ann (just a few years older than me), 2 for me and my sister, and 1 or 2 extras in case M&JA brought a friend with them (which often happened). That makes for a sad Halloween. :p

I didn't even wear black or orange today like some of my more festive co-workers...I wore gray and pink! ha The one thing I like about Halloween is the Charlie Brown special...The Great Pumpkin. Childish, huh? Oh well. At least it isn't scary! hahahaha

My picture for the day reminds me of what I do love about this time of year - FALL. It's harvest season around these parts and the field across the road from our house (that we rent to a local farm family) is one of the few fields still standing. Corn is the last thing to be harvested this year. This is reason enough to celebrate the last day of October and look forward to a crisp November!



Happy Fall Y'all! ;)

**Update: Wasn't gonna exercise tonight because I had a headache earlier (lack of caffeine the past few days - I had finally given it up for the most part and now I'm back to my bad habits!), but was feeling guilty so I hopped on the treadmill and did an easy 3.5 paced walk at a 1% incline for a total of 1.5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com