Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 288

Tonight I made my first meal via Pinterest! I joined the site to look up Weight Watchers recipes and have several I want to try.

This first one was a winner! I'm going to make a few adjustments next time...instead of using mild enchilada sauce (my mom does not like spicy food, so I wanted to make sure it was okay), we agreed that the medium would provide a little more flavor. I would also put the biscuit quarters on the top before baking instead of mixing it into the dish. The biscuit pieces that were on top cooked all the way through, but the ones down at the bottom remained a little doughy. It made for a very hearty winter meal. Even if you aren't counting points (for anyone counting calories - it is 390 per serving), it would make a good meal.

Bubble Up Enchiladas - 10 WW Plus Points per serving

1 pound ground turkey
1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits
1 1/4 c. shredded low fat Mexican cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown turkey and drain if needed. Mix in a can of enchilada sauce and tomato sauce. Cut the refrigerated biscuits into fourths and stir them in the meat mixture. Then dump it all in a greased casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes. Take out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com