Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 297

Well today was a normal Sunday. I did sleep in, but considering I went to bed at 1am and was still tossing & turning at 3am...I really didn't get any "extra" sleep. Oh well...no rest for the wicked, right? haha

Today I made lunch. Mom & Jen decided they wanted Bubble Up Enchiladas again and seeing as they are quite good, I didn't say no. ;)



This afternoon I was busy making the samples and getting everything ready for my Scentsy Scent of the Month club. I have everything ready to mail out at the end of the week...just waiting on the post office to get the new stamps in!

After I finished the samples, I decided I needed some activity! Instead of running or walking on the treadmill, I attempted to use a new app I downloaded on my iPod. Holy Smokes!! If you want a workout, download Bootcamp. It is killer. I did the Mix It Up workout which was 21 minutes of chaos. hahaha My arms seriously hurt tonight. I got a shower after the workout and could barely lift my arms to dry off. You know it's a good workout when you feel it immediately! I forgot how good it felt to do a total body workout since I've just been using the treadmill. The workouts consist of planks, squats, situps, pushups, lunges, jumping jacks, and a million other crazy positions that I would encourage you to practice beforehand! It feels much like I imagine a real bootcamp workout to go: a drill sergeant voice telling you to push harder, go faster, and blows a whistle when you need to transition. Whew! Tomorrow I'm going to test my knee on the treadmill again (tonight's exercises really didn't help) and then give bootcamp another try Tuesday morning.

Speaking of my knee, I think I probably need to try finding a brace of some sort (more like the "sleeves" basketball players, etc wear). My main problem is that my right leg is just a smidge shorter than my left, so when I run, I tend to put my weight on that side of my body. This usually results in right hip problems as well, but so far nothing on that front. *knocks on wood* As I type this, I am doing an ionic detox. I'm hoping that helps and as you can see by this picture taken within the first 3 minutes...the water was already turning a bright orange which indicates inflammation from your joints is being pulled into the water. I need to try to find time to fit a detox in a few more times this week. I have been bad about not making this a regular weekly/biweekly occurrence.

3 comments:

  1. I made the ranch red potatoes today and they were yummy!!! Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! How do you go about doing a detox? That is amazing! I hope your knee starts feeling better soon! :)

    P.S. - I left you a little surprise on my Blog :)

    Breanna
    http://therushfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of wellness centers (chiropractors, massage therapists, etc) now do ionic detoxes. It's essentially a foot bath with sea salt that has a plate in it (the thing between my feet) that conducts a slight electrical current. It draws all the toxins and metals out of your body through the pores in your feet. It's a pretty cool process. It makes a HUGE difference!

      Delete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com