Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 337

Friday I felt a bit like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. But for starters, I have to say that it was a whirlwind day on many levels! I worked til 11am per usual, then met my friend Olesha and her daughter Baylee at a local restaurant for lunch. It was so great catching up! I love them both to pieces and B was excited to have a "girl's lunch" since her daddy was home sleeping (he works swing shift) and her brother was at school. ha Then I had to rush up to Indy for my 1 week LASIK check-up. The tech and the doc were both pleased. I read 20/20 in both eyes. The doc said that the dry patches the surgeon was worried about were healed. She also said that my eyes were perfect concerning the procedure and all restrictions were lifted. AMEN! I am now allowed to rub my eyes, get water in my eyes, and wear eye makeup again! Seriously, my skin feels gross from not being able to scrub my face in the shower every morning and I look like death without my eye makeup done. Oi.

After my 20 minute check-up (really, I LOVED driving 1.25 hours each way for a 20 minute appointment! NOT) I hopped back in my car and headed south to Georgetown, KY for the weekend. I made it to Florence, KY and the sky started getting really dark. There was debris flying overhead, but it was calm on the road. I originally took the picture below because of the hideousness of the purple vehicle, but it shows how lovely the weather was! When I got to the dealership and pulled into their service garage, all the employees were being herded into the "safe zone." Well crap. Just what I wanted. To be stuck in the back of the parts department with a bunch of strangers and no cell phone signal. ARGH! We waited out the tornado activity for about 20 minutes. There were all sorts of things flying through the air, but it was never too bad. The fixed my tire sensor (one of them didn't get reset correctly when they changed the oil and rotated the tires last month) and I was back on the road, to the dismay of my sister. I dealt with a barrage of phone calls and texts while driving in the wind and rain. Got just north of Dry Ridge, KY on 75 and was able to see where I had JUST missed a tornado going through. I wish I'd been able to snap a picture for everyone to see the damage! It turned a semi on it's side, dug a rut through the grass/embankment, put a tree across the interstate, let debris across the road. Yowza. I made it to Georgetown without further incident....and I arrived to a full rainbow!! Crazy, crazy day.


Luckily, my entire family was safe from the storms in my home county. None of my family suffered any damage to their property, but our neighbors and friends were not so lucky. You may have seen on the news about Holton, IN...well, that's a few miles from where I grew up. The damage is pretty severe and 2 people died, plus many were injured.

And that my friends is why I felt like Dorothy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com