Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

5QF - 6/29

Here we are folks, it's the end of June! The year is officially half over now. In 1 month, I will officially be 30! And contrary to most people's thoughts, I am actually looking forward to my 30th birthday and hope that it brings lots of great memories!

I didn't weigh in this morning (I wasn't at home), but after last week and this week, I think I am up about 3 pounds. Will try to weigh myself a little later just to check! Started to get back on the right track with my eating this week. Didn't have much time for exercise, but I've been going going going...that will come again in the next week or so.


And now it's time for some 5QF fun! :) Oh and one of the questions is mine, so play along!



- - -

1. What's your favorite childhood snack that you still eat as an adult?

My favorite snack as a kid (and I only remember this because I had this discussion with Katniss the other day) was Fudge Rounds. You know the chocolatey-goodness of a cookie?!? mmmmm...and I actually had one last night because I bought some for the girls because they love them too. haha


2. What food will you not eat the low fat version of?

Usually the low-fat version is not that much healthier for you...but one thing I don't like low-fat is cottage cheese. I think the taste is a little off. Just my opinion. :p


3. What's your favorite way to cool off during the summer?

Pool!! I love to swim! I would swim every day if we had a pool, but darn my luck, we don't! There isn't anything as refreshing as jumping into a nice cool pool at the end of a long hot day as the sun starts to set. #bliss


4. What's your favorite summer read?

I don't think I have a "favorite" summer read. I read all the time. All. The. Time. I'll read anything once. I do say that the perfect type of book to read while you're sitting by the pool or on the beach is a romance book. I tend to read the comedic-romance books like the Southern Sisters series. They fall in love, but of course it's also a mystery (murder is always involved) and they are hysterically funny!


5. What are you doing to stay cool in this awful heat?

Staying indoors. Remember, I said no pool?!? I am an airconditioning-loving-stay-indoors kind of girl. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I don't eat low-fat versions of foods either. Or anything that says no sugar. You know they've just replaced it with aspartame which isn't any better for you!

    I wish we had a pool, too! Luckily we have a few good friends willing to let us come use theirs. It was 110 degrees today and 117 with the humidity! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com