Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Quiet Morning

I know most people are not morning people...that is not me. I LOVE mornings. L-O-V-E. Sitting alone on a quiet morning does something to restore my soul. Weird? Maybe.

This morning I woke up a half hour before my alarm was set to go off...heck, it still hasn't gone off! ha I let Toby in my room and he's currently snuggled beside me on the couch, but he's a pretty quiet partner when he's sleepy. ;) As I sit here listening to a few birds' chirps cutting through the peacefulness, watching the sun filter through my curtains...I'm struck by how "right" things feel at this moment in time.

I don't even think I can begin to explain why or how things feel right. Yesterday a former co-worker called in to talk to the boss man, but he was out, so he ended up talking to me....he laughed because he said he was surprised I still worked there. It's kind of sad that so many people feel like my job is beneath me. No, I don't even come close to using my arsenal of skills and I do enjoy being challenged on the job, but I also enjoy surprising people with my abilities from time to time. I've never shunned work. I grew up having to work and work HARD. Sure, I complain about my job, but it's not because I don't feel it's worthy work, it's because I disagree with how the corporate office thinks they should manage things. The thing is...at this job, I'm probably about the happiest I've ever been. I am finally to a pay level where I make as much as I did at my former fave job (working for the federal gov't), but the people definitely make it a good one. Plus, if you haven't noticed...I'm a homebody. I prefer to be close to my family and friends. Sure, I still miss city living and the conveniences, but in the end - I'm just a small town girl who loves her fresh country air, the wide open spaces, and the slower pace of life.

I need my daily exercise to energize myself (although it's a pretty great bonus to be consistently losing weight - I've now officially lost over 60 pounds!). I live for weekend trips to Indy to see Jenna (& Noelle) or to Lexington to see Zach. I love that my uncle, aunt, and cousins include mom and I on their endless ranger riding trips over the backroads of the area. I enjoy being able to work towards paying off my debt. I get so excited that everyone around here knows I sell Scentsy and comes to me for last minute gifts or to re-stock their supply...and I truly get a thrill from watching my team members achieve big things!

And on top of all those things....right now, I enjoy spending time with AxMan and being part of each other's lives. Later today I hope to have something new (and good) to tell you about this as well (and yes, Missy, pictures). As I was typing this post, I realized how appropriate "his song" to me is for my life in general at this moment in time. Definitely going to try hard to be HERE in everything I do. To appreciate everything that's gotten me to this point in life, good and bad.



Thank you God for an amazing day to be cognizant for all that I have and do! Enjoy your weekend, friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com