Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

For the Love of....


RAIN!!

Well, it's another lovely rainy day here in southeastern Indiana....and for once, I don't mind! haha My day started off with a bang when one of the girls who works at the course called me before 7am (and yes, until then I was peacefully sleeping in bed) to tell me that she wouldn't be able to work today because she'd spent the night in the ER!?! Oh frickin' great! Don't get me wrong, I'm sincerely worried about her, but now I have less than an hour to get ready, check my email, try to do a few of the things I needed to do this morning, AND make the 10-15 minute drive to the course! I hurriedly got myself ready and then mom called from town and said that the farther south you went, the more rain there was...so I called Jesse and we decided to close the course for the day! Yippee! Only now - - I am already up and dressed! Ugh! I'm one of those people that just can't go back to bed once I'm up, so I've been quite productive in getting my To Do list wrapped up. :)

Rainy days always make me tired anyway, so tonight I will probably CRASH! ha Sunday was a terrible day for me, Monday was slightly better, Tuesday was good, today is down again...only Lord knows how the rest of the week will be! The weather people are all calling for rain through Sunday...yuck, yuck, yuck!! One day of rain is good in the Golf industry, 2 is bad, 3 is terrible, and 4+ is downright miserable!! Our little country course can't handle THAT much rain, so in all likelihood we're gonna be closed for a few days. Bummer.

All in all this year is MUCH better start for the golf course than last year....so far anyway! haha Last year for the first month or two it rained every Friday-Sunday. Talk about killing your revenue!! On the nice days we've had, we've been swamped...so hopefully we can keep that going with some decent weather! So God, if you're reading this...please bring me a nice sunny, slightly breezy summer! ;)

Hope everyone else is enjoying their day! Here's to rainy days and cabin fever! Don't you just love Spring Break time? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com