Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Confession

I have a confession to make....I am not very exciting. Like, barely at all.

Everyone is posting all these fun 4th of July posts and I have nothing to share. Nada. Wanna know why? Well, let me tell you.

I had to work. Yep, you read that right. We were originally scheduled to work 4 - 10 hour days (M, Tu, Th, F). On Tuesday, a few pains in my side at work decided to complain about a day off in the middle of the week. Yeah, no shit Dick Tracy. Just about every local place did the same schedule. Brilliant time to change your minds that you don't like it. They convinced the boss man to change the schedule (I was the only person opposed to it...not really, it's just that they harped on the 1 other person until he relented). So instead of enjoying a day at home relaxing with my mom and boyfriend, I had to sit at work...bored to tears. I actually almost fell asleep at my desk in the afternoon. I wish I were kidding, but falling forward towards my desk woke me up. *shaking my head* I was not exactly the nicest person yesterday. Can you blame me?? So now I have Friday off, but guess what...my loved ones will be at work! What a bunch of crapola. And yes, I did tell off the 2 people who started the griping and got the boss to change the schedule. It did make me feel slightly better. ha

Last night I left job #1 and stopped to pick up AxMan at his place. He went with me so I could do payroll at job #2. (I had a dentist appointment Monday night when I would have normally done it and Tuesday we had other plans as well...oh and I kinda forgot! ha) After finishing up there, I rode with him to go collect money from a side job he'd done. He loves landscaping and he trimmed hedges for a lady who always has him do it every year. On the way back home, he decided that he didn't feel like eating in, so he took me out to dinner. And yes, sadly that is only like our 3rd official date out somewhere. haha I introduced him to a local restaurant that my family loves (some family friends own it), Crossroads, and he liked it as well! Not many places left in the world where you can go eat big, hearty, homemade meals for $17 for 2 people.

We went back to his apartment and he decided to put away a few more boxes of stuff that he had started on earlier in the day while I was at work. I promptly fell asleep on the loveseat. For 2 hours. hahahaha Seriously. I'm a terrible date. He took me out to dinner and to thank him, I fell asleep on his couch while he cleaned. Ummmm...jeez. We won't be winning any awards for most exciting couple anytime soon! ;)

So although my holiday didn't start out too great (getting up at 4:30am to be at work by 6 is less than thrilling and obviously quite exhausting), it ended pretty great...including a late night bowl of ice cream. :p

And now I'm enjoying another lovely and boring day at work. Thankfully it's the last one of the week! 5.5 hours left to go...... #countdown

2 comments:

  1. You know.. I honestly see falling asleep as a compliment.. allow me to explain. You are comfortable enough around him to

    1. allow him to witness your sleep (because let's face it.. other than kids, NO ONE looks attractive when they sleep.. I don't care what Holly wood says!)

    2. be alone while you sleep.. does that make sense? He isn't some perve that would take advantage of the situation.. so good for him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My day yesterday was pretty uneventful as well! Luckily I was not at work though. Jealous that today is your friday!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com